When it comes to accessories and wearing jewellery, I definitely fall in the wear-the-same-thing-everyday-until-I-am-ready-to-switch-things-up camp! One thing you need to know about me is that a) I am not a morning person and b) I love a good lie-in. As such, no matter how hard I try, I always end up getting up in the morning just in time for shower, get ready and dash out of the door.
So while I do ‘mentally-plan’ my outfit the night before while I lay in bed, I wear the same jewellery pieces every day until such time that I feel the others need to see the light of days too.
Aligned to my personal style plus my lack of effort to switch things up, my choices of jewellery tend to fall into the classic, delicate and timeless pieces.
At present these are the pieces I use as part of my everyday wear:
- A watch – This is a birthday gift and my first ever watch from a proper watch maker – Tag Heuer in this particular instance. This is from the Aqua Racer range. I chose silver with black face as they are the two colours that suit my skin undertone very well.
- Rings – I am obsessed with rings. It is definitely a piece of jewellery that I tend to check out first whenever I am in a jewellery store and when I found nothing in particular that I am interested in, only then I will move on to other pieces such as necklaces, bracelets or earings (not in that particular order). They are both from Tiffany & Co, a brand that I am overly in love with. I bought the Tiffany Woven ring many many years ago when I was in NYC – got to have a piece of something from the flagship store on 5th Avenue right? The Tiffany 1837 Interlocking Circles ring is from their rubedo metal collection. Rubedo is described as “a Tiffany metal with the rose luminescence of a sunrise”. If I remember correctly, it has been explained to me as a combination of silver, copper and a hint of gold.
- Earrings – These are from Chanel and unfortunately, I can’t find a link to it. They were definitely from their 2013 S/S or A/W collection.
- Bracelet – Who doesn’t recognise the iconic H! The Clic H bracelet from Hermes, in rose gold, a new finishing added to the existing silver or gold plated range. I am not sure if this is a Limited Edition or will form part of the permanent collection.
- Necklace – Looking at my collection, I definitely have more dainty than chunky pieces. The current one that I am coveting is the Tiffany & Co, from their Enchant collection in (again!) Rebedo metal. It is just a simple necklace with a heart pendant attached to it.
What about you? How do you jazz up your style?